Web hosting techniquesPosted on October 19, 2007 in Hosting Business | Comments(273) |
To allow your website to be browse, downloaded and updated in a very little time you need a good and reliable web hosting service. Before selecting any web hosting service it very essential to go through the reviews, rating or blogs related to the web hosting service provider on the internet. So that you can idea about the web hosting service provider you are going to select to host your web site.
First of all make a list of your requirement that you are looking for the web hosting of your website. You can compare the web hosting service provider on the basis of disk space, traffic, price and other additional feature according to your requirement. The other factors that are also to be taken into consideration before choosing web hosting service are band width, disk space, control panel, programming tool, support, security, backup and granted uptime etc.
As you know that the disk space is the storage place assigned to you by the web hosting service providers. The amount of traffic that can allow the user to access and leave your website depends on the bandwidth. You go for the disk space and the bandwidth according to your requirement of your website.
It is always wiser to ensure that your website should be hosted by using the latest operating system. A window based operating system is good choice as various web applications can be run smoothly. You should always go for a web hosting service offers you a 24/7 telephone support service through a toll free numbers.
The most important of all is the security and backup of your website. Go for that service provider who will ensure that no unwanted interlopers can hack your web site. At last also analyze the price charged by the web hosting service provider for web hosting. There are many web hosting service providers who charges low fee along with the better service.
Web hosting and Types of web hostingPosted on in Hosting Companies, Hosting Business | Comments(260) |
Internet hosting services that assist organizations and individuals to create their own websites accessible through World Wide Web is termed as web hosting. Web hosts are referred as the companies that offer space on the server for the clientele or for themselves along with the data center and Internet connection. Through the web hosts files can be uploaded using File Transfer Protocol which is later on distributed to the web. Various web hosting solutions are provided complementary to the users but they were controlled by the advertisements so now charge is involved which is reasonable.
?There are various types of web hosting services available like:
- Shared web hosting service where one web site is positioned on the same server along with the other websites and the domains share a common server like CPU and RAM for resources.
- Complementary web hosting service includes the services offered free of cost and generally controlled by the advertisements.
- Dedicated hosting service involves the usage of own web server where the power of control is handled by the administrator like the sole maintenance and responsibility for the security will be on the hands of the clients.
- Reseller Web hosting supports clients to develop into web hosts themselves and function for any individual domain as they have fundamental dedicate server.
- Managed Hosting service includes the managing of data through File Transfer Protocol with one?s own web server.
- Virtual Dedicated server includes sharing one server with many users.
- Clustered Hosting comprises of multiple servers featuring the same content for improved operation of resources.
- Grid hosting is considered as the most newly launched web hosting services. It is a sort of distributed hosting where the server acts like a grid which is comprises of multiple nodes for stable network.
- Collocation Web hosting service where the users possess the colo server and to take care of the server the company offers the space.
Things to remember while switching to another web hostPosted on in Hosting Business, General | Comments(271) |
If you wish to shift from one web host to another one, you need to follow a number of tracks so that you don?t face any difficulty.
Some tips are discussed here, so that you can guide yourself properly and can shun the potentials pitfalls. Firstly, you should check whether the new web hosting plan can provide you with more storage capabilities or not. If your present website is of 50mb you need to go for a new one that can provide the same or more than what the existing one provides with. Secondly, you should check how your existing web host decides your storage amount used for. You should find out what your present new host comprises of in your plan?s storage amount. Along with this you should also see whether your new web host has the storage capacity e mails and log files or only the web files are counted.
In addition, you should see on what operating system your existing hosting plan uses as if your existing hosting plan is on Windows and your new hosting plan is on UNIX, then it will be a great complexity for you to work on UNIX as ASP is a Windows based programming language. With this you should also see whether you will have a Windows or UNIX server and your new host chains your current Front page or not.
Additionally, you should also see that your new host can provide you with the same amount of bandwidth as your existing host is supplying you with and can provide you with the same amount of e mail accounts, auto responders and mail forwards or not. And with this your new host should support you with your existing script if any. So, these are some of the tracks that you should follow while shifting to a new web host.