What do you need to know before starting a web-hosting company?Posted on October 19, 2007 in Hosting Business | Comments(276) |
So when you have descided that you are going to start a web hosting company. Are you aware of the requirements for initiating a web hosting company? If not, you need to have sound knowledge of each and every thing before starting a web hosting company. Actually, there are many basic things which one needs to know before selecting a web host for your business.
If you too are like other webmasters you might be thinking of starting a web hosting company. To be a successful web hosting provider, you need to follow certain basics. Operating servers sounds easy, but is really the typical work to be done. Experience at this work is required and one should keep in mind that you can?t become an expert only by reading books and even experts also sometimes fall in trouble. You need to covenant with security threats, downtime and fixing program errors.
You can buy or lease or rent your own servers and if you are going with the option of buying the server, then you need to custom them as per your need for the web hosting company. The second thing that is required is the selection of the operating system, control panel and security. You should also keep in mind that programming languages are used in a large number. So you should provide with that also. The next required thing is the highest possible server uptime that can provide with a large number of internet connections. Thus, these are some of the required things for the establishment of a web hosting company
What are all the features of a web hosting company ?Posted on in Hosting Business | Comments(269) |
Various features are incorporated in web hosting and treated as web hosting features to maintain its resourcefulness and flexibility. Some of the important features of web hosting are like:
- Disk space is referred as the storage room where the files are to be stored and also known as web space and the minimum limit is five hundred megabits.
- Bandwidth is foremost feature of web hosting which is required to transfer any sort of file and it is of one gigabit. This is also can be termed as data transfer.
- Windows hosting is situated in the Microsoft windows where the server permits the usage of .NET, Access Databases, ASP and much more.
- Control Panel helps to manage the website and establish a new email addresses.
- UNIX or Linux hosting is positioned on the UNIX or Linux server and permits the usage of MySQL, PHP and SSH.
- File Transfer Protocol assist to dislocate files from the computer to web space for displaying to the users
- Domain Name is regarded as the significant part of web hosting. Each and every organization must possess an independent domain name.
- SMTP Server helps in sending messages through individual?s account using its ISPs mail server.
- POP3 E-Mail Account is treated as the email account where the messages are stored with a definite password and username.
- Aliases or Forwarder is regarded as the different address but similar and attached to domain name.
- Web mail supports to check the emails of the individual account.
- Scripting ? CGI or CGI BIN is referred as the message board
- Scripting ? PHP it helps the usage of interactive and energetic websites.
- Scripting - .Net provides assistance in upgrading languages like VB > VB.NET, C++ > C# and ASP > ASP.NET.
- SSL offers 128bit protects connection between server and the browser so that the data are transferred safely.
- Raw Log files helps to down load the files and set according to the individual?s tools system.
What all a beginner needs to know about web hostingPosted on in Hosting Business | Comments(284) |
Firstly, you need to know what is web hosting and why do you need web hosting even you designed web site yourself. Web Hosting is referred as the method where the website is publicly known and accessible on the worldwide web through the help of broadband dial up Internet access. Through this Internet hosting service organizations and individuals are able to generate their own websites accessible via Worldwide Web and allow the other Internet user to obtain the information.
Certain information is mandatory for the beginner to know before intruding into the sphere of Web hosting. If a professional web site is to be created then a reliable and secured host is required. If there is a planning that that the website should be accessible to larger section of people then a special web hosting service with additional bandwidth is necessary. But in case if it is for experimenting then complementary hosting packages are required. After that a trustworthy hosting companies from the Google or from the search engine is to be found out. Then after making the selection of the host then the credit card information is to be provided for the initial charge so that discount coupon codes could be available.
One needs to be confirmed while launching or setting up any business with the help of web hosting services. An Individual also needs to ensure that the website is uploaded through secured server like ASP, MS SQL, NET, SBS and the operating system may be like BSD .or Linux. The space and the storage capacity of the disk and graphics also should be higher and larger bandwidth. There should also be a round the clock online supports like through telephonic conversation or emails.