Web hosting and Types of web hostingPosted on October 19, 2007 in Hosting Companies, Hosting Business | |
Internet hosting services that assist organizations and individuals to create their own websites accessible through World Wide Web is termed as web hosting. Web hosts are referred as the companies that offer space on the server for the clientele or for themselves along with the data center and Internet connection. Through the web hosts files can be uploaded using File Transfer Protocol which is later on distributed to the web. Various web hosting solutions are provided complementary to the users but they were controlled by the advertisements so now charge is involved which is reasonable.
?There are various types of web hosting services available like:
- Shared web hosting service where one web site is positioned on the same server along with the other websites and the domains share a common server like CPU and RAM for resources.
- Complementary web hosting service includes the services offered free of cost and generally controlled by the advertisements.
- Dedicated hosting service involves the usage of own web server where the power of control is handled by the administrator like the sole maintenance and responsibility for the security will be on the hands of the clients.
- Reseller Web hosting supports clients to develop into web hosts themselves and function for any individual domain as they have fundamental dedicate server.
- Managed Hosting service includes the managing of data through File Transfer Protocol with one?s own web server.
- Virtual Dedicated server includes sharing one server with many users.
- Clustered Hosting comprises of multiple servers featuring the same content for improved operation of resources.
- Grid hosting is considered as the most newly launched web hosting services. It is a sort of distributed hosting where the server acts like a grid which is comprises of multiple nodes for stable network.
- Collocation Web hosting service where the users possess the colo server and to take care of the server the company offers the space.