How to make your website easily accessible ?Posted on October 31, 2007 in General | Comments(310) |
Firstly, it goes without saying that nothing should be taken for granted! The same with your website; Just designing a website tactfully will not attract visitors to your website. Of course, keeping your main objectives in mind and planning your website carefully is the key but what do you do when you cannot find your website listed in search engines?
Beginning with the Home page, it should immediately generate the whole idea what your website is all about and should provide enough information about the contact details.
Seeking help from someone who can comprehend website marketing and search engine optimization techniques or at least has primary knowledge about these will be ideal. In case one is making a website individually, then designing the website with a basic marketing plan is highly recommended.
Only when your website is indexed and ranked by Search Engines will it become easy for visitors to access your site. There are certain specifications one must follow so as to make their website easily accessible and to do so, enforcing a marketing plan while creating and designing a website according to the Search Engine guidelines is very important.
Using Flash animated introductions, sounds and music may disturb the visitors and can decrease a website?s performance. So, they can be avoided unless and until they are required.
Creating a website for one?s business is a good way to constantly keep in contact with your customers and keeps them informed about your business. Hence, updating your website with attractive keywords would be a great method to reach out to your customers all over the world.
What do you need to know before starting a web-hosting company?Posted on October 19, 2007 in Hosting Business | Comments(276) |
So when you have descided that you are going to start a web hosting company. Are you aware of the requirements for initiating a web hosting company? If not, you need to have sound knowledge of each and every thing before starting a web hosting company. Actually, there are many basic things which one needs to know before selecting a web host for your business.
If you too are like other webmasters you might be thinking of starting a web hosting company. To be a successful web hosting provider, you need to follow certain basics. Operating servers sounds easy, but is really the typical work to be done. Experience at this work is required and one should keep in mind that you can?t become an expert only by reading books and even experts also sometimes fall in trouble. You need to covenant with security threats, downtime and fixing program errors.
You can buy or lease or rent your own servers and if you are going with the option of buying the server, then you need to custom them as per your need for the web hosting company. The second thing that is required is the selection of the operating system, control panel and security. You should also keep in mind that programming languages are used in a large number. So you should provide with that also. The next required thing is the highest possible server uptime that can provide with a large number of internet connections. Thus, these are some of the required things for the establishment of a web hosting company
What are all the features of a web hosting company ?Posted on in Hosting Business | Comments(269) |
Various features are incorporated in web hosting and treated as web hosting features to maintain its resourcefulness and flexibility. Some of the important features of web hosting are like:
- Disk space is referred as the storage room where the files are to be stored and also known as web space and the minimum limit is five hundred megabits.
- Bandwidth is foremost feature of web hosting which is required to transfer any sort of file and it is of one gigabit. This is also can be termed as data transfer.
- Windows hosting is situated in the Microsoft windows where the server permits the usage of .NET, Access Databases, ASP and much more.
- Control Panel helps to manage the website and establish a new email addresses.
- UNIX or Linux hosting is positioned on the UNIX or Linux server and permits the usage of MySQL, PHP and SSH.
- File Transfer Protocol assist to dislocate files from the computer to web space for displaying to the users
- Domain Name is regarded as the significant part of web hosting. Each and every organization must possess an independent domain name.
- SMTP Server helps in sending messages through individual?s account using its ISPs mail server.
- POP3 E-Mail Account is treated as the email account where the messages are stored with a definite password and username.
- Aliases or Forwarder is regarded as the different address but similar and attached to domain name.
- Web mail supports to check the emails of the individual account.
- Scripting ? CGI or CGI BIN is referred as the message board
- Scripting ? PHP it helps the usage of interactive and energetic websites.
- Scripting - .Net provides assistance in upgrading languages like VB > VB.NET, C++ > C# and ASP > ASP.NET.
- SSL offers 128bit protects connection between server and the browser so that the data are transferred safely.
- Raw Log files helps to down load the files and set according to the individual?s tools system.